We miss you when you aren't here but if you are absent, please review the District Attendance Policy.
- Students are required to bring written documentation for absences within three days from the day of the absence. Click here for excuse forms.
- Absences with no documentation are automatically considered unlawful.
- If a student accumulates 3 consecutive or 5 total Unlawful Absences, an intervention conference will be made with the administrator, parent and student.
- The principal shall approve or disapprove absences in excess of 10 days regardless as to whether those absences are lawful, unlawful, or a combination of the two.
- 1st Tardy - Verbal Warning
- 2nd - 4th Tardies - Detention and notify parents
- 5th Tardy - Refer to guidance for tardy intervention
- 6th Tardy - Team conference with student/paretn for signed contract
- 7th - 8th Tardies - Thursday School
- 9th - 10th Tardies - BIR
- 11th - 12th Tardies - OSS and Parent Conference
Please refer any attendance questions to Alston's Attendance Secretary, Ms. Frances Bachman at 873-3890 or email@example.com.