Anna L. Klein School Physical Education/Health Policy and Procedures
The Physical Education Program at Anna L. Klein consists of the following:
- Class consists of a 29-minute period and will rotate on the A, B, C, D days for Grades 4-8. There will be some weeks were some classes will have P.E. two times in a week. Grades K-3 consists of an assigned weekday.
- Each student is expected to fully participate on all areas, demonstrate knowledge of correct classroom procedures, skill technique, and skill of play.
- Students are to be prepared at all times with the correct Phys. Ed. Uniform. The uniform consists of:
- A gold t-shirt the school emblem on it.
- Blue sweat pants with the school emblem. (Plain Blue or Black athletic shorts are allowed during the months of September, May, and June)
- Jeans, Stretch pants, Slacks, Skirts or Dresses, Shoes, Boots, or Sandals, Jean shorts are NOT PERMITTED.
- Students are not permitted to do the following:
-Wear rings, watches, bracelets, or loose hanging earrings during class.
-Take out any equipment without permission.
- Running up/down the gym stairs, also running through the gym doors.
- Students are only excused from participating with a note from a doctor, or a note from the school nurse.
- Grading Policies:
Grade 1 will be graded with O=Outstanding, S=Satisfactory, N=Needs Improvement, U=Unsatisfactory.
Grade 2,3 will get a grade on a scale of 1-5.
Grades 4-8 will be receiving a number grade with 100 being the highest.
- Students will lose points for the following:
- Loses 5 points if comes to class un-prepared (Strictly Gym Uniform and sneakers, the only acceptable exception are plain navy blue sweatpants without any logos or stripes etc.)
- Loses 2 points if comes to class late.
- Does not participate and follow the rules of class.
- Being a behavior problem, either verbally or physically with another student, or a teacher. The amount of points lost is subjective to the teacher.
- NOTE – If a student is only unprepared once in a marking period, and is prepared for the remainder of the marking period he/she is eligible to regain the 5 lost points towards their grade.