Anna L. Klein School Student Uniform Policy
The purpose of these regulations is to provide:
- Pupils, parents and staff members with a clear description of the district’s expectations with regard to student uniforms.
Elementary School requirements:
- Navy blue cotton-blended polo shirts bearing the Guttenberg School District insignia. (short and long sleeve styles)
- Navy blue fleece jacket bearing the school district insignia for cold weather.
- Navy, black or white long sleeve shirts may be worn underneath the school polo shirt in place of the fleece for cold weather.
- Khaki slacks for boys. Sneakers and shoes must not be brightly colored.
- Khaki slacks/skirts for girls. Sneakers and shoes should not be brightly colored.
- Opaque black or white colored tights may be worn underneath the skirts in cold weather, but not IN LIEU Of pants.
- Skirts must be no higher than 2 inches above the knee.
- Neutral colored boots may be worn in cold weather but must not be higher than mid-calf.
- Khaki shorts may be worn during the month of September and after Memorial Day and must be an appropriate fit and length.
- Solid navy blue sweat pants and a gold t-shirt, both with the school insignia, must be worn for physical education classes. Uniform shorts are also required. (navy with insignia)
- Jeans are NOT to be considered part of the uniform AT ANY TIME.
- Any type of distracting apparel may NOT be worn in the school building.
- All TRANSFER students will have TWO WEEKS from date of enrollment to purchase and begin wearing school uniforms.
- A program of sequential consequences with regard to non-compliance.
- First Offense: Parent/guardian notification by phone by school secretarial staff. Parent/guardian to bring appropriate uniform to school or student will have to wear uniform shirt provided by the school to be returned at the end of the school day.
- Second Offense: Parent/guardian notification by school secretarial staff. Parent/guardian must bring appropriate uniform to school. If parent/guardian brings uniform, student will have an afterschool detention; if parent cannot be reached or will not bring the school uniform, student will receive an immediate in-school suspension.
- Third Offense: Student will receive an automatic in-school suspension and will not be permitted to return to school the following day without a parent/guardian who must meet with an administrator before the student can be admitted to class. If parent/guardian does not come to school with the student, a phone call will be made by an administrator to the parent/guardian and the student will receive an immediate in-school suspension. Failure to comply will result in an out-of-school suspension.