Parent Resources

Parent Resources



A child must be enrolled by a parent, guardian, or relative caregiver.  To be designated a guardian, an adult must have legal documentation such as guardianship papers from the Family Court of Delaware.  A thirty-day grace period for procurement of documents will be granted.  Documentation that the Family Court process has been initiated is required upon enrollment. In the case of a relative caregiver, the proper notarized documentation is required prior to the child attending school. Parents, guardians, or relative caregivers must reside in the Cape Henlopen School District, and the residence declared must be the home in which the child resides most of the time. In all cases, the following documentation must be presented upon enrollment: 


  • Proof of Residency in the district:  (One of these items must have your name and physical address on it.)
    • Mortgage or Lease or Rental Agreement
    • Utility Bill
    • Property Tax Bill
  • Immunizations
  • Current Physical
  • Birth Certificate - must be the original state birth certificate with the state seal - A thirty-day grace period may be given, if needed, for procurement of a birth certificate
  • Photo ID of parent or guardian registering the child(ren).


If there is a divorce or separation, custody papers need to be provided. If the student is living with a relative caregiver, Relative Caregiver forms must be completed and notarized.



Welcome Enrollment Packet - English


Welcome Enrollment Packet - Spanish



Evidence of Residency Form


Evidencia de Residencia



Paperless Forms:




DE Dept. of Education Web Site | WBOC Web Site



Home Access Center


Child Nutrition


General Information and Resources for Parents/Community

Agricultural Work Survey (required for enrollment):   English | Spanish | Creole


Annual Public Notice of Nondiscrimination     Annual Public Notice of Nondiscrimination - Spanish


Board Policy 902: Parent Involvement in Title I Schools


Cape Carousel Program - After-School Enrichment Program for Grades 4-8


Child Abuse hotline at  1-800-292-9582


Delaware SEED Scholarship Program  
The Delaware SEED (Student Excellence Equals Degree) scholarship program provides tuition for full time students enrolled in an associate's degree program at Delaware Technical & Community College (DTCC) or the Associate of Arts program at the University of Delaware (UD). The program is for Delaware students who stay in school, work hard, and stay out of trouble. 

Delaware Department of Education Resources for Parent and Community Involvement

Kindergarten Registration  English   |   Spanish


Delaware Department of Justice Bullying Prevention & School Crime Contact (Ombudsperson) 1-800-220-5414


Federal Programs General Complaint Procedures


Grievance Procedure, Complaint Form, and Complaint Investigation Procedure in compliance with Title IX and Section 504


Helpful Information for Families Affected by Serious Trauma (DE Department of Services for Children, Youth and Their Families)


Helping Your Child with Homework - U.S. Department of Education website that helps parents understand why homework is important and makes suggestions for helping children complete assignments successfully.

Nemours Health and Prevention Services


National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-372-TALK (8255)


Parent Information Center of Delaware


PTO Today - Home of America's K-8 School Parent Teacher Groups


Student Codes of Conduct (Board Policy 218: Student Discipline)


Middle School Code of Conduct



Student Enrollment Form


Student Surveys