Click here for the Online Meal Application
Information About Free and Reduced Price Meals:
Households who receive SNAP or TANF benefits qualify for free meal benefits.
Households who qualify by income may receive meal benefits free or at a reduced price for all children enrolled in school depending on income.
- Complete one application per household. A new application must be completed each school year.
- Return it to any school or bring it to the Administration Annex Building, Child Nutrition Department, 4315 Concord Road, Beaumont, Texas 77703.
- Students may participate on the prior year application for the first 30 calendar days of the new school year.
- Processors are available to assist you at the Annex Building, Child Nutrition Department, 4315 Concord Road, Beaumont, Texas 77703 from August 15, 2016- June 1, 2017.
- Walk-in applicants to the Admin Annex and applications filled out online will be given priority processing.
- Applications returned to the child's school will be notified by mail after the application is received in the administrative offices.
Will the student be identified as a free or reduced recipient as he/she is served in the cafeteria? the lunch line?
The computer system (cash register) works from the student I.D. number which all students receive when they enroll in B.I.S.D. Free and reduced recipients are marked as pre-paid at the cash register and their account looks like all other account screens. All student meals (free, reduced, and full-priced) are subsidized by USDA to ensure the program is for all students and benefits all households, regardless of income.