1. Where do I register my student for school?
Registration takes place at the student’s zoned campus based on the verifiable address of the parent/legal guardian. Because registration times may vary, It is recommended you contact the campus directly for assistance with exact dates and times. Click attendance zones link to enter your address to determine the zoned campus: ATTENDANCE ZONES
2. What if I don’t have the required proofs of residency with me when I enroll?
Eligible students residing within the boundaries of Beaumont ISD are entitled to a free public education in BISD public schools. In order to attend a specific school in a particular attendance zone, all parents/legal guardians are required to submit a valid photo id and two required proofs of residency. To expedite enrollment, applicants who do not have the required documents will be asked to return when they have all appropriate documents in order to enroll.
If parent/legal guardian or other person with lawful control is unable to establish residency due to lack of permanent housing (experiencing homelessness) or due to a shared living arrangements, please contact the Student Services Department @ 409-617-5109 or 409-617-5107 to schedule an appointment for further assistance.
3. I live in a rental home/apartment, but I don’t have a lease.
If you are a tenant at-will (“month-to-month”) and do not have a residential lease dated within 1 year of the enrollment date, you will be required to submit a Landlord Verification Form along with proof of your most recent rent payment (dated within 30 days of enrollment). Please contact the Student Services Department @ 409-617-5109 or 409-617-5107 to schedule an appointment for further assistance.
4. What if I live with a friend or relative, where I contribute to the living expenses, but the lease/mortgage and bills are not in my name?
If you live with a friend or relative, your student may be eligible for a provisional 30 day enrollment to a BISD school based on the terms of a Shared Residency Affidavit. Both you and your friend or relative must complete and have an affidavit notarized to affirm your residence. Your friend or relative will also have to provide a copy of a valid photo id and two proofs of residency, one from each column A & B and you will have to submit acceptable residency documentation within 30 days of the student’s enrollment into the school. Please contact the Student Services Department @
409-617-5109 or 409-617-5107 to schedule an appointment for further assistance.
5. What if I own my home, but do not pay a mortgage (i.e., the home is paid for)?
If you no longer pay a mortgage on your home, you must submit a copy of the property deed. If you do not have a copy of the deed, contact your financial institution or contact the Jefferson County Clerk’s Office to obtain an official copy of the deed. This will satisfy your proof of residency requirement for Column A.
6. I live in my parent’s/friend’s home, which is paid for, and they currently live out-of-state, in a nursing home, or are deceased, etc., but the deed is not in my name.
You will be required to provide an alternate form of documentation to satisfy the proof of residency requirement for Column A. Please contact the Student Services Department @ 409-617-5109 or 409-617-5107 to schedule an appointment for further assistance.
7. My family (the student) is currently experiencing homelessness due to eviction, loss of job, family violence, or other economic hardship.
The proof of residency requirements does not apply to students who are determined to be homeless. Please contact the District’s McKinney-Vento Liaison
at 409-617- 5109 or 409-617-5107 to schedule an appointment for further assistance.
8. What if I have recently moved and have not yet received any utility bills?
To fulfill residency requirements of Column B, you may submit one of the other acceptable proofs in the column. You may also submit an official work order verification stating that your service has been ordered or installed. Contact your utility company for further assistance.
9. I have relocated to Beaumont due to work and currently live in a hotel until I can locate permanent housing, how can establish proof of residency?
School districts officials are happy to assist you with enrolling your student in the school for which the hotel is zoned. You will be required to provide an alternate form of documentation to satisfy the proof of residency requirements. Please contact the Student Services Department @ 409-617-5109 or 409-617-5107 to schedule an appointment for further assistance.
10. What if I am an undocumented immigrant?
Any child whose family lives within the boundaries of Beaumont ISD and meets age, eligibility, bona fide residency and immunization requirements are entitled to a free public education at the home campus assigned to the attendance area in which the student’s parent/legal guardian or other person with lawful control resides. No student will be denied access to school because of their immigration status.
If the student lacks permanent housing (experiencing homelessness), please contact the district’s McKinney-Vento Liaison at 409-617- 5109 or 409-617-5107 to schedule an appointment for further assistance.
11. What if I am a current BISD student who has moved and needs to update my address, does my parent/legal guardian need to provi de the two proofs of residency from Column A and Column B?
Yes, documents from both columns are required.
12. What happens if BISD discovers that I don’t live within the boundaries of BISD or the attendance zone of the school in which my student enrolled?
A student who enrolls in Beaumont ISD or in a school outside of the bona fide residence of the parent/legal guardian due to falsification of school enrollment documents shall be immediately withdrawn and returned to the appropriate school district or designated BISD campus. The parent/legal guardian and other collaborating parties may be subject to payment of tuition and fees retroactive to the date the student was first enrolled and will be subject to criminal prosecution under Sec 37.10 of the Penal Code.