C. E. Murray Media Center
To ensure that C.E. Murray students and faculty become effective users and consumers of information by providing access to a variety of print and digital resources. The library media center will empower students to be problem solvers, critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and ethical users and creators of information through direct instruction with students, collaboration with staff, and a media program that provides a variety of programs, services and resources.
All students will become skillful researchers and ethical users and creators of information through direct instruction or through information available on the library website.
All students will have access to the library media center, either through classes, or independently before and after school, lunch periods, and with passes from teachers.
Hours of Operation: 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Provide instruction in 21st century technology skills.
- Collaborate with teachers to integrate research across the curriculum through inquiry based classroom assignments.
- Provide a literacy rich environment for reading, research, and study.
- Provide digital and print resources for assignments and academic needs.
- Purchase resources that support the curriculum.
- Provide recreational books, information, and materials.
- Implement a school-wide reading challenge.
- Implement the Battle of the Books program.
- Implement library Makerspaces.
- Implement the S.C. Award Nominee Book Program.