Location: Gregg Middle School
Dates: June 11 – July 24, 2018
June 11, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20, 21, 25, 26, 27, 28,
July 2, 3, 9, 10, 11, 12, 16, 17, 18, 19, 23, 24
Hours: First Session: 7:45 – 10:15
Second Session: 10:30 – 1:00
Registration dates/times: June 6 - 7, 2018
8 AM – 12 Noon
1 PM – 6 PM
Holidays - No school: July 4 and 5, 2018
Last day of school: July 24, 2018
Make-Up Day: July 23, 2018 (afternoon)
- Students who have failed a class during the previous school year may take courses during Summer School. Students may take a maximum of two (2) courses during the Summer School session.
- All courses must have prior approval by the principal or guidance counselor of the student’s home school.
- Rules of conduct and the dress code for Dorchester School District Two regular school year will remain in effect for Summer School. Due to time limitations, continuous discipline problems and/or behaviors that require suspension will not be tolerated. Students who exhibit such behavior will be dismissed from Summer School. Violations of the school and district policies/regulations may also lead to immediate dismissal. ANY STUDENT WHO IS DISMISSED FROM SUMMER SCHOOL WILL FORFEIT ALL SUMMER SCHOOL FEES! THERE ARE NO REFUNDS.
- Students must attend a minimum of 60 hours. Students are allowed only one absence per course and must make up this time. A make up day for time missed from class will be held on Monday afternoon, July 23rd at a pro-rated fee of $10 per hour (students will be handled on a case by case basis)
- COST: 1 Course: $140 2 Courses: $275
- NO REFUNDS WILL BE PROVIDED AFTER SUMMER SCHOOL BEGINS. ALL FEES MUST BE PAID IN CASH AT REGISTRATION.
- PARTIAL PAYMENTS, LATE PAYMENTS, OR PERSONAL CHECKS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- A course will only be taught if a sufficient number of students enroll to finance the course. Students will not be allowed to register for courses after classes begin.
- First session classes will run from 7:45 AM – 10:15 AM. Second session classes will be from 10:30 AM - 1:00 PM. Students must have transportation to leave campus upon completion of class.
- Academic Assistance buses will transport Academic Assistance students to school in the morning and back home at the end of the academic day.