Attendance Secretary: Suzanne Miles firstname.lastname@example.org
DuBose Middle School and Dorchester School District Two place much emphasis on student attendance. We believe that your child does benefit from academic programs we have to offer with regular attendance. It is also required by the state of South Carolina that your child attend school regularly.
Middle School attendance is taken by period, therefore, there is not a specific sign out time in which a student will be marked present for the entire school day.
In addition, students signed out less than halfway through a class period will be marked absent for the entire class. The Same rule applies when signing in late; if it is more than halfway into the class period the student will be marked absent for the entire class.
If a student signs in late or signs out early it may cause a variance in a number of days in individual classes.
- Medical Excuses must be submitted within five (5) days of the absence.
- Parent Notes must be signed by the parent/guardian and should include:
- Student’s first and last name
- Date the excuse was written
- Date(s) of absence
- Reason for absence
- Phone number where parent/guardian can be reached
*The school will only accept five (5) parent notes per school year to excuse absences and the note must be submitted within five (5) days of the absence*
- Absences without documentation are considered unlawful and will be marked as unexcused.
- A Child that accumulates 3 consecutive unlawful absences or a total 5 of unlawful absences will be contacted by the school to attend an attendance meeting for truancy intervention.
PowerSchool/Parent Portal is a great way to keep up with your child’s attendance.
Please contact Suzanne Miles, Attendance Secretary, if you have any questions regarding your child’s attendance.
Phone: (843) 875-7012 email@example.com Fax: (843) 821-3995