Checking Out & Renewing Materials:
* Students, teachers and faculty may borrow books and other materials from the media center with their school I.D. cards.
* Students may check out 2 books at a time. Students with CAT cards may check out 3 books at one time.
* Students may borrow materials for 2 weeks with 2 renewals. You must have the book in your possession in order to renew it. Teachers and faculty may borrow materials for the school year.
* If you finish a book before the 2 weeks are up, you may return it by placing it in one of three book drops located in the media center, in the 6th grade hallway, and in the breezeway.
Overdue Books and Fines:
* No late fees will be assessed, however, the reading teachers will notify their students of overdue materials on a weekly basis. When books are more than a month overdue, the students will be given an overdue notice. Due dates are indicated on a “date due” card located either in the front or back of the book.
*If a student fails to return a book that is more than a month overdue, the cost of the book will be placed in Power School until the book is returned or the replacement cost is paid in the Media Center.
* If a student loses a book, he/she must pay the replacement cost of the book. If the book is found and returned by the student after paying the fine, the cost of the book will be refunded.
*If a student damages a book, he/she must pay the replacement cost of the book.
* If a student loses a “date due” card, found in the back of the book, or returns a book without a barcode in it, he/she will have to pay $1.00 for each item.
Computers & Printing:
* Students using the Internet must have a signed acceptable use policy contract on file with the media center.
* Students may print at a cost of $0.10 per page.
* Students may print in black and white only.
* Photocopies can be made for $0.10 per page.