The progressive discipline process includes:
Counseling/Warning Conflict Resolution
- School-directed conflict resolution process with counselor, administrator or peer mediators
- Known conflict which is not resolved and leads to a fight may result in suspension.
Parent Contact Teacher Detention
- Written notification at least one day in advance of detention date.
- Before or after school at teacher’s discretion.
- Students must take note to parents.
- Up to 1 hour in length.
- Failure to serve results in office referral.
- Monday – Friday - after school
- Saturday detention if not served.
- For minor infractions (i.e. gum, littering, destruction of property)
Saturday Detention/Community Service
- May be assigned in lieu of suspension for Level II and III infractions.
Exclusion from School Activities
- For serious offenses & Ed. Code violations
Expulsion must be recommended in cases of: (non inclusive of other offenses as stated in Ed. Code)
- Causing serious physical injury to another person.
- Dangerous objects brought to school, including all knives, guns, or other weapons (including look alike weapons).
- Sale of controlled substances.
- Robbery or extortion.