Welcome to Hemingway High School Guidance Counselor Webpage!!
AS Guidance Counselor of Hemingway High School I provide developmental, as well as pro-active, preventative and remedial services for students. This involves a cooperative effort among students, staff members, parents and the community. Their purpose is to empower all learners to lead satisfying and productive lives by assisting them in identifying and achieving educational, career, personal and social goals. I am here to help by working with academic issues, educational and career planning, as well as personal concerns. All students meet several times each year for group guidance activities. Most students will also have individual meetings with me as their counselor.
My Role as School Counselor
- To be actively committed to helping students explore their abilities, strengths, interests and talents as these traits relate to career awareness and development.
- Help parents focus on ways to further the education, personal and social growth of students.
- Work with teachers and other educators to help students explore their potential and set realistic goals for themselves.
- Seek to identify and utilize community resources that can enhance and compliment comprehensive school counseling programs and help students become productive members of society.
- Provide comprehensive school counseling programs that serve as an integral part of the educational process that enables all students to achieve success in school.