Newington Elementary School
To prepare for the start of the new school year, please register your child at Newington Elementary.
All district schools will hold Fact and Fee or registration days on August 8th and 9th from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. each day. At that time, parents and students can pick up class assignments/schedules, pay school fees, purchase meal tickets, join the Parent Teacher Association or complete other necessary paperwork.
In order to register, parents should bring a proof of residency in the form of a current utility bill that includes a service address, and be prepared to pay a $20 registration fee.
Please see the attached flyer for more information.
New students enrolling in the district for the first time should bring the following information to the school they will attend:
1) A certified birth certificate
2) A completed South Carolina Certificate of Immunization (DHEC 2740) available from the Dorchester County Health Department or any physician’s office
3) Proof of residency in the form of a utility bill in the name of the parent/guardian that has a current service address
In accordance with South Carolina law:
• Child development class (K-4)—student must be 4 years old by September 1st
• Kindergarten—student must be 5 years old by September 1st
Please contact the school to schedule testing.