Welcome! We're so glad you're interested.
Please take the time to carefully read our handbook. This is an important first step to ensure OASIS is a good fit for you! Make sure you understand our requirements, including those for student/teacher contact, 30-day reviews, annual assessment, and quarterly submission of work samples. Also note that we are an ALE (Alternative Learning Experience) rather than a "homeschool" program.
For the 2016-17 school year, please complete steps 1-2, fill out this online form to be added to our waiting list, and then handle steps 3-4 as quickly as possible. (You can wait on the Choice Transfer if currently enrolled at a different public school.) We'll be in touch if/when we can enroll you!
1. After reading our handbook, go here and here for additional information on community-based instruction (CBIs/CBFs).
2. Check out our information on instructional materials so you understand your options.
3. Complete an application packet and email a scanned (not photographed) copy to email@example.com. If you need to fax or send paper copies through the postal service, please email to confirm receipt. For a little help understanding the forms, watch the short tutorial here. If you've received OASIS approval for part-time enrollment (≥80% at OASIS), also include an Enrollment Options form.
4. Contact your local school district office to have them submit a Choice Transfer request through OSPI's online system. They'll need to know OASIS is part of the Orcas Island School District. If you live on Orcas Island you can skip this step, but you do need a Choice Transfer if you live anywhere else, even if you've been homeschooling. Very occasionally a school district hasn't yet started to use the online system, in which case you can provide this link: http://digitallearning.k12.wa.us/options/districts/choice.php. Please allow a few extra days for your district to process this for you, because we can enroll you only after we receive the online Choice Transfer request from your district.
5. If we're able you enroll you, you'll be assigned to a certificated teacher who will review our program requirements with you and help you develop a learning plan. Welcome to our school!
For the fastest processing, email scanned (not photographed) enrollment documents to:
For learning plan, curriculum, and materials questions, please email
depending on student's grade.
To fax or snail mail enrollment documents:
Anne Ha, Office Manager
611 School Road
Eastsound, WA 98245