Plumas County Office of Education and Plumas Unified School District uses Aeries by Eagle Software for student information management. Eagle Software has developed a parent portal tool for parents/guardians to view the records of their student via the Internet.
PCOE & PUSD will provide parents/guardians of currently enrolled students the privilege of free access to the PCOE & PUSD Parent Portal. Only parents or guardians of students enrolled in the county or district will be allowed access to the PCOE & PUSD Parent Portal.
PCOE & PUSD reserves the right to deny or cease access to the PCOE & PUSD Parent Portal due to the abuse of the system, court orders, or any other legal proceedings that limit the availability of private educational data.
The PCOE & PUSD Parent Portal has been opened to enhance communication between the county and district schools and parents/guardians. Users of PCOE & PUSD Parent Portal will have access to the following information about their student(s):
- Student demographics
- Graduation Status
PCOE & PUSD reserves the right to add or remove any of the above functions from the PCOE & PUSD Parent Portal at any time.
USE OF PCOE & PUSD PARENT PORTAL
Access to the PCOE & PUSD Parent Portal is a privilege, not a right. Users of the PCOE & PUSD Parent Portal are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- User will act in a responsible, legal, and ethical manner.
- User will not attempt to harm or destroy data, the school, or the district network.
- User will not attempt to access data or any other account owned by another user.
- Users will not use the PCOE & PUSD Parent Portal for any illegal activity, including violation of data privacy laws. Anyone found to be in violation of these laws may be subject to civil and/or criminal prosecution.
- Users who identify a security problem with the PCOE & PUSD Parent Portal are requested to notify their school’s PCOE & PUSD Parent Portal support staff immediately.
- Users will not share their password with anyone, including their own children.
- Users identified as a security risk to the PCOE & PUSD Parent Portal or the PCOE & PUSD network will be denied access to the PCOE & PUSD Parent Portal.
TECHNICAL ISSUES WITH PCOE & PUSD PARENT PORTAL
Technical issues should be directed to the PCOE & PUSD Parent Portal support staff at your student’s school.
Windows Operating System: Windows XP or higher
Apple Operating System: OS X or higher
Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 6 or higher, or compatible
Broadband; cable modem, DSL, etc.
The parent portal is best viewed with your monitor resolution set at a minimum of 800x600.
DATA INTERPRETATION INSTRUCTIONS
The data you will see in the PCOE & PUSD Parent Portal is real-time from the Aeries Student Information System. Each area of data is updated at different times throughout the course of the school day. Please review the following to
become familiar with the PCOE & PUSD Parent Portal data expectations.
AT THE START OF THE SCHOOL YEAR…
The beginning of a new school year is a very busy time for teachers,
secretaries and administrators. Staff will need time to update student
information and complete scheduling and grading setup.
High School – Absences and status are recorded period by period during
regular school hours.
During the period in which teachers are entering report card information
grades will be unavailable.
Concerns about the data you find on the PCOE & PUSD Parent Portal should be directed to the Principal at your student’s school.
Parent Use Agreement for the PCOE & PUSD Portal Access
The Aeries Browser Interface (ABI) is designed to allow parents access to their students
information. This information is only accessible by knowing the student’s ID number,
telephone number, and Verification Code.
By setting up an account and/or logging in to the PCOE/PUSD Parent Portal you agree to abide by the guidelines defined below. Use of this system and its services is strictly limited to authorized account holders only. All users are to be responsible for their student’s information codes and passwords. Users agree not to give anyone else their password, verification codes or any other personal information. The district will not be responsible for unauthorized access if the user has not been careful with their information.
The “school site” and/or the district office may revoke access to the parent portal for any inappropriate use of parent portal.
The primary contact signing this agreement and receiving the registration codes is
authorized to share that information with other registered student contacts (spouses,
step-parents, etc.), allowing them to create their own parent access accounts.
Guidelines to protect your information include, but are not limited to:
- Do not give anyone your password.
- Do not write your password down.
- Do not put your password in a drawer near your computer. Do not write the password on a post-it note on your monitor.
- Close your browser when you are done accessing the system.
- Do not choose a password that is easily guessed by someone else such as a spouse,’ child’s, or pet’s name, birth date, address, etc. Suggestions for passwords
- include combinations of letters and numbers or upper and lower case letters.