The library media center is open Monday thru Thursday from 7:45 a.m - 3:15 p.m. and Friday from 7:45 a.m. - 3:00.
The library media center strives to support the curriculum of Sheffield High School by providing resources that will encourage growth in factual knowledge, a love for reading, and instruction in information literacy.
Students, with the permission of their classroom teacher and a PASS, are welcome to come to the library to check out books or for research purposes during the school day. Scheduling is needed for large group classes accompanied by the classroom teacher to use the library or the computer lab.
- Absolutely, NO food or drinks (including water) are allowed in the library at any time. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Visible cell phones are not allowed in the library, unless during group instruction with the library media specialist or classroom teacher.
- Students with coursework always have priority over all other computer uses.
- A quiet voice should be used at all times.
- High school students may check out 2 books for 2 weeks. Failure to return books on time will result in fines or payment for lost books.
Mrs. Cynthia Brearley is the Media Specialist and is assisted by Kimberly Pride, the library media aide. Please ask if you have questions about our library/media center. Also, view the resources on the links section of this site for additional information regarding research, ACT prep, homework assistance, and a variety of other topics of interest.