The SHS Graduation Ceremony is at the North Charleston Coliseum on Saturday, May 26th, 2018 at 2:00 pm. Doors open at 1 pm. There is no limit to number of guests, and no tickets are required.
A Baccalaureate service will be given on Thursday, May 24th at 7pm at Bethany United Methodist Church for those who wish to attend. This ceremony is not mandatory.
- Graduation caps and gowns need to be ordered through our local Jostens’ rep: Carroll School Services. Their contact information is: www.lowcountrygrad.com. (843) 884-4311. All payments for caps and gowns and graduation orders need to be paid directly to Carroll School Services (Jostens).
- Graduation caps and gowns are delivered straight to SHS and held until MANDATORY graduation practice on May 23rd at SHS. Caps and gowns are handed out by SHS after grad practice.
- All questions on graduation cords need to be directed to the sponsor of the club or completer program the student expects to earn a cord through. Mrs. Leviner does not have that information.
- WE DO NOT ACCEPT CORDS OR STOLES FROM OUTSIDE ORGANIZATIONS FOR GRADUATION. Please do not order items off the internet. They will not be allowed.
There is a dress code for graduation, but no specific colors required. See below:
- Females: A dress or skirt and blouse, or dress pants and dress shoes. Dresses should not show at the bottom of the graduation robe.
- Males: A dress shirt, tie, dress slacks, dress shoes, and socks.
- Unacceptable attire includes: jeans (any color), head gear, shorts, flip-flops, beach shoes, sneakers, t-shirts, sunglasses or inappropriate dress as judged by the administration at SHS. Student violating the dress code will not be allowed to participate in graduation ceremonies and will be pulled from the line.
- Other graduation orders – invitations, etc., will be given out on Wednesday, April 26th. Jostens will be here all day that day in the Media Center to hand out those orders.
There will be a letter mailed home soon with further information and senior meetings to keep students informed.