What are you going to do after High School? Many high school students do not have the answer to this question. Work with your counselor to help get on the right path.
Four Year College/University
For students who would like to attend a Four year college, there are a couple of steps that you need to take in addition to receiving a regular high school diploma. Download and print the attached College Planning Guide.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Will I have received at least 24 credits by my senior year?
- Out of those 24 credits, have I earned at least 1 Fine Art credit?
- Have I satisfied the SAT/ACTScores that are set for the prospective college/university that I am intersted in?
- Have I earned at least 2 foriegn language credits of the same language?
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: HAVE I MET WITH MY COUNSELOR THIS YEAR FOR COLLEGE ADVISEMENT?
*Don't forget to check the Scholarship page often. Scholarships are available for 2 and 4 year colleges.
Two Year College
Thinking about a two year college? A two year college is a great option for those who are unsure of what they would like to do in regards to post-secondary education, and for students who would like to start their career with a two year associates degree.
Here are some things to think about:
- Completion of high school
- Take the Compass
- Meet with your School Counselor to discuss further advisement.
- Take the ASVAB
- Speak with your Counselor about your career decision.
- Get with a recruiter from the branch that you wish to join.