Great news: PBS TeacherLine course RDLA152 is now approved as a Read to Succeed (R2S) Foundations in Reading course!
RDLA152, An Introduction to Underlying Principles and Research for Effective Literacy Instruction, has long been one of TeacherLine’s most popular and well-regarded courses, and now it will provide even more value to educators. ETV and PBS worked together for more than a year to revise and update the course to meet the prescribed R2S course requirements, culminating with the SC Department of Education’s approval on 8/16/16.
The Foundations in Reading course is one of four required to earn the R2S Literacy Teacher Endorsement which all SC educators certified in the following areas must earn within two certificate renewal cycles:
- Early Childhood
- Special Education (all categories)
- Montessori (PK-5K, Elementary I, and Elementary II)
- ESOL (if primary area of certification).
RDLA152 Course Overview:
- Delivered entirely online via flexible, 6-week schedule
- Active facilitator guidance and feedback
- Engaging peer collaboration and discussions
- Earns 60 SC Renewal Credits or 3 Graduate Credits
- Available year-round for individual enrollment
- Available as a private class for 20+ educators
- Price varies depending on credit choice and any discounts offered by ETV or PBS at time of enrollment
(Example: 3 GC can be earned as low as $585 depending on accrediting partner chosen; price could be even lower if a discount is offered at the time of enrollment.)
Visit www.teacherlinesoutheast.org/rdla152.htm for course description, start dates and more.