Ms Jean WilliamsReading Coach
My undergraduate degree is in Elementary Education. I have a Masters in Early Literacy. Two years ago, I was very fortunate to be trained in Reading Recovery. During the training, I was able to work with the children and apply many of the strategies I was learning.
As a Reading Coach, I will:
- Provide daily support to all classroom teachers
- Work with all teachers to have a reading class at least once a month
- Visit all classrooms to observe
- Provide first grade students extra help in reading
- Help and provide staff development
My ultimate goal for this year is to help every first grade student become a fluent reader on a first grade level, or above, by the end of the year.
Jean Williams, Reading Coach
The Mission of Williamsburg County School of the Arts is to provide the highest quality of instruction in academic standards while infusing the arts, so that each student can achieve his/her potential, work to become lifelong learners, and become a productive member of the community.