Huskies Out of School Time (H.O.S.T.)
HOST is the WMS after-school program (2:30-4:30 PM, M-F) managed by Seattle Parks and Recreation staff, Marissa Rousselle, at WMS. HOST offers a homework center Monday through Friday, as well as reading, math, science, and writing classes. Additional enrichment classes such as art, dance, cooking, drama, robotics, chess, music, fitness etc. are offered Monday through Friday. Students sign up for HOST classes near the end of September, and may continue to enroll as the year progresses. Transportation is available for those who qualify. If you have any questions please contact Marissa Rousselle in the HOST office: 206-252-2562 or cell: 206-849-9203. HOST Forms for after school programs and music are available at the bottom of this page to download or in the main office or Room 105.
- All forms should be returned directly to Ms. Marissa in Room 105.
- Students cannot attend HOST until their schedule has been confirmed by Ms. Marissa.
- Students cannot attend HOST the same day they return their form. Ms. Marissa needs at least one day to confirm student schedules and transportation. For example, if a student returns a form on Thursday, they should wait to hear from Ms. Marissa before attending on Friday.
- Students will receive a golden rod yellow letter in their Period 6 class confirming their HOST schedule.
- Marissa is available in Room 105 for questions! As well as at 206-252-2562.
- Registration forms are available in the main office and are attached here.
Class Cancellation Policy
- When a class is canceled, students will be called into the Huskies Out of School Time office to contact and notify parents.
- Students will need to attend the homework center unless parent permission is obtained for an early release.
- A robo-call will be sent home to the students families to inform them of this cancellation.
- Fee-based sessions that are canceled will be rescheduled by the instructor within the remaining semester.
Forms below are required for HOST participation:
Huskies Out of School Time **NEW WINTER AND SPRING** Program Registration Form