The Child Development Screenings for Oct. 13, 2016 have been cancelled.
Parents will have another opportunity to register for the following screening dates in 2017:
- January 12, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- May 4, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m
Location: Wauwatosa School District Office Building 12121 W North Avenue 53226
Who can Attend: Children who live in Wauwatosa and are three years old on or before the date of the screening.
What do I need to do to register?: Contact the Student Services office at 414-773-1080 to schedule a screening time.
What is the purpose of a Child Development Screening?
- Children will participate in a screening to confirm the child is securing the important foundational skills for future learning. In addition, a screening may assist families with identifying a need for further assessment.
- Families will receive information about child development to promote early learning. In addition, information about community resources will be shared with families.
Child Development Screening Information: Wauwatosa educators know that parents are their child’s first and most important teacher. A healthy partnership between families and schools contributes to a student’s overall success. The Wauwatosa School District wants to establish this partnership early with families in the community to ensure the best opportunity for each child when they arrive on their first day at school.
During Child Development Screenings, trained experts will interact with parents and children to individually screen each child’s development.
The screening includes the following areas:
- Gross Motor and Fine Motor
- Social/Emotional Development
- Pre-Academic Skills
Following the screening, parents will receive a summary of results along with recommendations through the mail. If you have any questions or wish to register for a Child Development Screening, contact the Wauwatosa School District Department of Teaching and Learning-Student Services at 414-773-1080.