Highlights of the September 25, 2017, Wauwatosa School Board Meeting:
The board approved the following:
- Consent Agenda – September 11 meeting minutes; Personnel Matters – resignations, 2017-19 administrative contracts, new support staff.
- Election of Board Clerk – Through a series of paper ballot votes, the Board elected Leigh Anne Fraley as Board Clerk.
- Recommended Superintendent Contract – The 2017-19 contract for Dr. Phillip Ertl as Superintendent of Schools with a salary of $185,382.38 for the period covering July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018. Unanimous approval following Board comment.
- Resolution Supporting Active Tosa Plan -- Wauwatosa Alderman Jason Wilke and President of Parks & Facilities Board Tom Ertel commented on the collaborative efforts of the City, School District and community in developing this plan for the future of Wauwatosa. The recommendation was unanimously approved.
The board was provided updates on or discussed the following:
- Report on Facilities Update -- Co-chair of the Facilities Advisory Committee Lisa Lawless gave an update of discussions held with the Committee, their building tours, and the process of identifying and prioritizing needs to present to the community. Five community workshops have been scheduled for October and November. Nick Kent of Plunkett Raysich Architects added how the community sessions will operate to address the facilities' needs going forward.
Following the regular meeting, the board reconvened for a scheduled in-service for data presentation.
To read more in-depth about any of the items approved above, click here to view the Wauwatosa School Board agenda and here to watch the board meeting.