Windsor Hill Arts Infused Elementary School's Counseling Program strives to provide services that encourage all students to be well-adjusted, respectful, life-long learners who are fully able to benefit from arts-infused, technology-based, and differentiated learning experiences.
The WHAIES school counselors provide comprehensive personal/social, academic and career services to enhance the learning process so that all students may become lifelong learners and productive members of society.
WHAIES school counselors believe:
- All students are unique and have the ability to learn and succeed in a safe and supportive environment
- School counselors perform vital roles in enhancing school climate by addressing social, emotional, intellectual and psychological needs of a diverse student population
- Social and personal skills are integral components of school enjoyment, life satisfaction and success
- All students at WHAIES have the potential to continue their education through and beyond the K-12 school system
- School counselors work hand in hand with teachers and staff to provide tools for student academic success and career readiness
WHAIES School Counselors will:
- Support and abide by the mission, vision, policies and procedures of the South Carolina State Department of Education, Dorchester District Two and Windsor Hill Arts Infused Elementary school
- Adhere to the professional and ethical guidelines set forth by the American School Counselors Association, the South Carolina Comprehensive Developmental Guidance and Counseling Program Model and Dorchester School District Two
- Engage in relevant professional development activities
- Promote and enhance the learning process through personal, social, academic and career development.
Cara Jones, LPC, Ed.S
School Counselor Grades 3rd, 4th &5th
School Counselor Grades 4K, K, 1st & 2nd