The new kids in town will get to experience Reality Town on November 8th. All 9th graders will have an opportunity to learn why having a good GPA will benefit them during and after High School. They will have careers based on their GPAs and encounter different aspects of adult life, such as paying mortgage, insurance, purchasing vehicles, grocery, etc.
Volunteers are appreciated. Contact Mr. Mosley for more information.
As 2nd year Patriots, 10th graders will be preparing for the SAT. The PSAT will be administered on October 11th. Results will be shared 2nd semester. Include PSAT link for test prep. As 10th graders, we encourage you to look into the AP and IB courses to better prepare you for college. If Career school is where you want to be, talk to your counselor during your IGP!
It’s time to start getting more serious about what happens after High School. Some major dates are as followed;
Juniors will take either the SAT or ACT during their second semester. All test selection forms are due by Friday, November 17th. This will take place at school during the day.
* Junior ACT will be offered on 2/27, 2/28, 3/1, or 3/6-3/8.
*Junior SAT will be offered on 3/21/17
Junior Scholarship Opportunity:
Partners for a Better Community - All applications due on April 15th, 2018
*The Blanche R Dudley Character Scholarship
*The Emma Wilder Johnson Scholarship
*The George Sink Valor Award
It's your senior year, what should you be doing?
* Meet with your School Counselor to discuss college applications, scholarships, military testing, and career development.
* Register for the SAT/ACT.
* Complete College Applications and send transcripts via Parchment.com
- Make sure to meet all deadlines for college applications, scholarships, requesting transcripts, and test scores, and financial aid
*Speak with military recruiter if you are planning or considering to enter the military after graduation.
* The ASVAB was be administered in the Fall and Spring. If you missed it or need to retest contact your recruiter.
- Today's militarys
- South Carolina's Virtual Library
- A-Z List> Learning Express Library > Career Center > Join the Military
* Check out Khan Academy for help with an array of courses and test prep.
* Virtual SC - Test prep for SAT, ACT, PSAT, and AP exams
* SC State Library has a site to help with being college and career ready with skill building, test prep, and more.
(click: A-Z List then Learning Express Library)
* Dual Credit - Info from TTC . ACCUPLACER Placement Test practice: State Library, Sample questions,