Teacher - Student - Parent Compact
THE TEACHER’S PLEDGE: I Will:
- Establish a safe and caring learning environment where your son / daughter will be responsible for his / her own behavior and learning.
- Provide a quality instructional program to ensure your (son / daughter) meets district and state standards.
- Take into account individual learning strengths of your son/daughter.
- Teach your son / daughter to follow school and classroom rules.
- Keep you informed of your son / daughter progress on a monthly basis and be available for conferences.
- Provide ways to assist your son / daughter at home.
- Assign homework and provide feedback in a timely manner.
- Use student agendas as a method of communication with parents/guardians.
THE STUDENT’S PLEDGE: I realize that my education is important to me. It helps me develop tools I will need to become a happy and productive person. I understand my parent(s) want to help me do my very best in school. I know I am the person responsible for my own success, and that I must work hard to achieve it. Therefore, I agree to carry out the following responsibilities:
- I will return homework completed, signed, and on time.
- I will return corrected work to my parent(s).
- I will arrive at school on time every day unless I am ill.
- I will be responsible for my own scholarly behavior
- I will be a cooperative learner.
- I will ask for help when needed.
- I will be responsible to share my student agenda with my parents and have them sign it.
THE PARENT’S PLEDGE: I understand that my participation in my child’s education will help him / her achieve maximum potential in school. Therefore, I agree to carry out the following responsibilities to the best of my ability:
- I will provide a quiet place for my child to study and complete assignments.
- I will ensure my child completes their homework by reviewing and signing it.
- I will ensure my child to receives 8-10 hours of sleep at night.
- I will ensure my child arrives at school on time everyday.
- I will spend at least 30 minutes per day reading with my child.
- I will attend Back to School Night, Parent Conferences, Open House and other family functions.
- I will actively get involved with BAC, Title I, and Friends of Montvue PTA.
- I will volunteer regularly and help my child’s teacher.
- I will review and sign my child’s student agenda.
- I will read and sign all communiqués that are sent home from school or the classroom.