Extracurricular & Co-curricular Eligibility
Academic eligibility is checked quarterly. Dates: October 28, January 20, March 23, June 8.
- The student must be currently enrolled and pass 4 classes (20 semester credits) of academic work to be eligible for participation in athletics (CIF By Law 205).
- Students must maintain a minimum of a 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale in the previous grading period. Students may not receive more than two failing grades the previous grading period.
- Students who do not pass a minimum of four classes (20 credits) in any grading period are not eligible for extra curricular or co-curricular activity and cannot use their “academic probation period” to be eligible.
- Students participating in extracurricular activities should purchase an ASB card.
- ASB cards benefit students by allowing them free home league matches; increases school spirit and benefit other school discounts. ASB funds help to pay for student activities, postseason awards, referees, etc., please encourage your student to get their ASB card.
- Students without ASB cards will not receive post-season athletic awards.
- No student whose 19th birthday is attained prior to June 15th shall participate or practice on any team for the following year (CIF By Law 203).
- All student athletes, every school year must submit a new athletic packet demonstrating proof of required insurance and current physical in order to be eligible for participation in athletics.
- No athlete may compete on any outside team in the same sport during the school season (CIF By Law 600).
- All new transfers to Ganesha High School looking to participate in sports must file CIF transfer applications (CIF form 2071/510). Only CIF can grant the student eligibility for athletics. Students are allowed to compete not allowed to complete until CIF has determined eligibility status.