We know that attendance plays a key role in a child's academic & social success. Avoiding unnecessary absences will increase your child's opportunity for good grades and foster a positive attitude toward school. As well, district funding is linked to your child's attendance. More absences can result in reduced resources.
Diamond Point has been selected to participate in the Abolish Chronic Truancy Program (ACT) sponsored by the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office. Students who have exhibited poor attendance will be referred to the District Attorney's ACT Program.
We are always willing to work with you to address issues or concerns which may be preventing your child from attending school regularly. Education is a partnership between parents and the school. We must all do our part to give our children the best possible future. Here are some steps that parents can take.
- Schedule medical, dental & other appointments outside of school hours
- If your child is absent, please call the office that morning stating the reason for the absence.
- If unable to call, send a note upon the child's return to school.
- If you have to pick your child up early, students will be called to the office once you have arrived and been identified.
- Limit vacations during school year.
- Make sure your child is on time! Tardies not only impact your child, but the entire classroom.
California Penal Code and Education Code state, "...each person between the ages of 6 and 18 years not exempted is subject to compulsory full-time education. Each person subject to compulsory full-time education...shall attend the public full-time day school or continuation school or classes for the full-time designated as the length of the school day by the governing board of the school district."